Elmfield Financial Planning Ltd are seeking to build upon their current team of IFA’s and support staff to ensure our high standards of client care are maintained as the company expands within the financial sector.
The role is an integral part within our business and will involve promoting the company’s services in a professional and FCA compliant manner.
Job title: Paraplanner
Hours: 37.5 hrs
Salary: Dependant on experience
Managing Director/Senior IFA
Working as a paraplanner, you will be supporting Financial Advisers with new business and a high amount of ongoing servicing.
The duties will include, but not limited to:
- Providing technical research, analysis, and support to Financial Advisers
- Working with the Financial Advisers you will discuss the client’s objectives, identifying and obtaining the information necessary to compile financial reports.
- Investment portfolio and risk analysis
- Cashflow planning
- Collect and collate information and data about the client in accordance with the principles of “know your client”, company policy, and ensure all the required compliance documentation is correct to meet the FCA rules and requirements.
- To prepare draft suitability reports for discussion with the IFA’s
- To establish and build strong relationships with clients.
- Assist Financial Advisors with preparation for client’s meetings and client reviews.
- Work as part of the team to deliver the highest level of client care.
- Maintain and update back-office systems and platforms.
- Handle client queries and help service existing clients on a daily basis.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a paraplanner role within an IFA firm
- Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning or working towards it.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- A good eye for detail and be able to gather information from a variety of sources to provide high quality written work.
- Ability to assess information, make comparisons and identify critical features.
- To be involved in and deliver specific training and mentorship to members of our team in line with their roles.
- To demonstrate a positive “Can Do “attitude.
- High standards of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
- Understanding of the Financial Planning process
- Prioritise and plan own workload.
- Good report writing skills.
- Detailed and accurate
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively.
- Can work independently and as part of a team.
- Fully competent in desktop applications and proficient in Microsoft word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Personal qualities and skills that promote open and constructive relations with all colleagues.
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
For the Elmfield team, our business DNA and core values are deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our actions, and form the foundation of everything we do.
We will place clients at the heart of everything we do
We value people and respect the individual
We transform Complex to Easy-Simplicity
We continually strive to do the right thing
We are committed to deliver an excellent service, quality over quantity
We are open and honest in our communication-Integrity.
We are passionate as a team about what we do
We own the process from beginning to end
“Great approach to the way Elmfield go-about their business, always very professional and helpful, the response is swift, factual and made easy to understand. All with the client at the heart, and even made recommendations, which they would stand to make no profit. I have already recommended Sue Barnes on many occasions”.Simon McGowan - Lancashire